Vinton has unique housing opportunities throughout the community. Whether you’re looking to rent, purchase, invest, or build your own, there are options around every corner. The Vinton community has single family homes at reasonable prices for young families, several retirement communities for those looking to slow down while staying involved, and new developments being annexed and created on the south side of town. The city council is actively working with developers to create new housing opportunities to meet the ever growing-demand for housing in Vinton. Check out the housing needs assessment for more information about the needs of the community. Contact City Hall to speak with Chris Ward, City Administrator about available housing incentives such as Tax Increment Financing (TIF) and Tax Abatement for your new build or home improvement project.
New in 2020/2021: The Vinton Home Buyer Assistance (HBA) program aims to help income-qualified potential Vinton homeowners through the process of buying a home. The program will provide financial assistance of up to $24,999 to approximately 5 eligible applicants.
- Outside of the 100-year floodplain
- Located in Vinton
- Applicant requirements:
- Annual gross household does not exceed 80% of the current area median income for Benton County.
- Property must be potential homeowner’s primary place of residence for at least five years.
- How to apply:
- Visit www.ecicog.org/housing.html for more information
- Email Paula Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions